Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia people

Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
I have never seen it mentioned on here but I visited the Decatur farmers market last weekend and if you haven't been you need to go. The meat and fish section was bigger than any place I have ever been and it was decent priced and quality. They had probably 30 different types of fish that you could buy whole by the pound and they will clean them for you. They also had several different live fish you could buy also as well as live blue crabs and crawfish. The chicken section alone was as big as publics meat section. They had chicken sausage, turkey sausage, pork sausage and lamb sausage and different flavors of all of them. I couldn't even take in everything they had there was so much. They also have a huge wall of fresh spices for cheap. I think I got 4 different types of paprika alone and they were like $2 for a half pound container. Their produce section was probably 10 times larger than the average grocery store and they had organic options for almost anything you can think of. They also had a good bakery section and to top if off they have a beer and wine section. Needless to say I kinda like this place.

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I have heard it was good and have planned to go for a while now just haven't made it. Thanks for the push I need to go.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Thanks for the tip, never been. Where is it, besides Decatur??
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Thanks, Lit - Will check it out.
    Milton, GA.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    agree with the comments, it is a great market. huge selection of most everything. it is a hike from marietta though. maybe i should take my cooler and stock up on several things and freeze them?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Lit
    It was off 285 exit 39 I believe so you can stop by the mothers ship and say hi also. It was only like 5 miles off the exit. I live in cumming so not to familiar with the area just did what the phone told me to. Its all indoor and the whole place is like 65 degrees so might want to bring a jacket or at least jeans. I had baggies flops and a t shirt on so it was a little cold.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Cool, thanks. I'm familiar w the mothership and have a few Liq stores in the opposite direction. I'll find it.
  • Will be down that way later this summer--is it open every day or just weekends?  Plan to stop by mothership too.
  • Lit
    I am pretty sure it is open 7 days a week. Might be better during the week as its super busy on the weekends. Imagine Costco on a Sunday afternoon but more people. The only difference is the people were all curteous.
  • scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    Thanks Lit i forgot about that place. I have not been there in years. BTW I live in Cumming too.
  • My daughter attends Agnes Scott College in Decatur and I have been meaning to go to the farmers' market since she enrolled. She is a senior next year so I guess I better make good on my intentions or lose the frequent opportunities. I have been to the BGE store in Tucker, but not the market. I think we will attempt both when moving her in this fall. Thanks for the info. I had no idea they had fish and meat.
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!