Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are we making this weekend ? Ideas?

grege345
grege345 Posts: 3,515
This was the question my wife asked me this morning. This is a first! She's enjoying the egg almost as much as I am. So I have done the butt, spatchcock, chicken legs, brisket, pizza etc. looking to do something different. Suggestions?
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Blackened fish, grilled vegetables, paella.

My weekend cooks (starting tonight) will be hamburgers, spatchcock chicken and baby backs.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I am doing doceggertons legs tonight/tomorrow. 

You can try grilled shrimp with grilled asparagus and red potatoes. I made this last week and my fiance was impressed that I cooked everything on the egg. She now likes grilled asparagus. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I finally scratched this one of the list for fathers day:

On some Publix french hamburger buns with some horseradish sauce.  It was yummy.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I don't see ribs on your list of traditional Q. How about green lightning shrimp? ABTs? Turtle Eggs?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• grege345
    I have shrimp in the freezer. That's a good one. How'd you cook it @GATABITES ? My wife doesn't like asparagus. Maybe this will change her mind ?

• grege345
    Did the ribs a couple of times they are amazing. I would be more than happy doing them every weekend. @SmokeyPit I did a chuck roast last week but I absolutely ruined it. Dog food. ( he eats all the failures and he's ok with that) ill have to try the pepper stout. That's definitely near the top of the list to try again.

• pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    I'm planning on trying the brisket burgers that were done HERE but using the Unami burger recipe that was described by @hokie_smoker HERE . I haven't done burgers yet on the egg and am anxious to try.

Other options if I'm truly ambitious are Jay's Shrimp Burgers for those who may not feel like a burger, and I might make AZRP's Crispy Chicken also....

• Kain
    Kain Posts: 21
    Picking up couple of steaks on the way home (not sure what cut, something marbled and thick). Planning on my first reverse sear, going to toss small potatoes and brussels sprouts with EVOO/S&P onto a CI skillet, then skewered shrimp dusted with whatever DP rub I have around during the searing.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Maybe some butt. I'm fresh out of leftovers. I might sneak a steak in tomorrow while SWMBO is hosting a bridal shower for her sister.
  • Deviledegger
    Deviledegger Posts: 271
    Whatever is a good buy at Costco. Reverse sear steaks will make the list and I am hoping to do some hot wings for the first time. Maybe some whiskey, maybe some rum, probably both. Haha! Have a good weekend!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    ive got lobsters butter and blueberry thyme collins on the list
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited June 2013
    grege345 said:
    I have shrimp in the freezer. That's a good one. How'd you cook it @GATABITES ? My wife doesn't like asparagus. Maybe this will change her mind ?

Shrimp:

I found a shrimp marinade recipe online. I found one and tailored it with what i had in the spice rack. I used lemon pepper Ms. Dash for the lemon flavor and old bay and a few other items. There are a bunch shrimp marinade recipes online. Make it to your taste palate.  Marinate for about 30-45 mins in fridge. I used a plastic zip-lock  bag. I cooked the shrimp direct @ 400 for a few mins per side. 

Asparigus:

I made a sauce with butter, cracked pepper, big green egg whirly bird rub, and dried thyme. It smells so AMAZING! Clean and cut off the asparagus root(s). Place them in a bowl and pour the sauce over them and let it sit for about 15-20 mins. I put them on the grill and let them char. Man, they hold so much smoke flavor it unbelievable. 

Red potatoes:
    To save time, I boiled the potatoes for about 20 min or so in salty water. I then took them off the stove and let them rest until the shrimp and asparagus are ready for the grill. I put a little butter in the bottom of a dish with a little pepper and dried thyme. I chopped the red potatoes into may .25 pieces and dip them in the butter on both sides. Place on the grill until golden brown. I had grill marks on the potatoes with made the meal looked fantastic. SWMBO loved the plated meal. I am sorry I didn't take pics, as it would have made my narration so much better!!!! 

You will hook her with the asparagus. The heat neutralizes the earthy taste of the vegi....
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I'm going with blackened flounder fillets and grilled veggies, maybe corn on the cobb..
  • Ribeyes on Saturday with grilled corn on the cob. Sunday we're going to my Mom's & can't fit the eggs into the van with my MIL visiting. Well, if I strap her to the roof... If you're thinking I'm being mean, I say she asked for it when she decided to stay for Weeks.
    Flint, Michigan
  • gtk10583
    gtk10583 Posts: 77
    Shish-K-Bobs!  cubed marinated steak, chicken, green peppers, mushrooms, onions.  Skewer them up and grill 'em.  Good eats!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I'm doing boneless hot wings tonight.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Pig shots chased by Shiner... ain't life grand.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    You could always stuff something in something and enter it in the throwdown! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• You could always stuff something in something and enter it in the throwdown! 

Steve said I couldn't stuff my pie hole and enter a pic of my fat stuffed belly. Now I don't know what to do.
    Flint, Michigan
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Gonna make some Moink Balls for a party this Sunday.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Got some really thick pork loin chops - going to use the Jack Daniels Pork Rub I received from my elf, @Aviator.
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Ribeyes, brats, corn, and baked potatoes last night... Maybe brisket burgers and ABT's tonight and tmrw who knows???
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Baby backs were on sale, so that's what's cooking now.  Someone here on another thread suggested letting ribs reach room temperature before removing the silverskin, I tried that and it works like a charm, thanks!
    Also experienced my first flashback this morning.  I did burp the Egg, but I guess I lifted the lid just a bit too far; lost the hair on my hand but otherwise no harm.  Wear gloves, dummy!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure