Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers & Broccoli

Options
Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
Fairly easy Thursday night cook; basic burgers and broccoli. My usual burger is 80/20 ground beef, with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Chopped the broccoli and tossed with oil, salt and pepper in the cast iron.
Cooked the burgers on top so any fat would drip down into the broccoli. Was going to pull everything out and finish with a sear, but just didn't bother by the time everything came off. Just a slice of cheese on each and the service.
Not pictured, toasting the buns in the closed up egg and serving with lettuce, onion and mayo.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I was kinda expecting the burgers and broccoli to come together somehow. As a topping or chopped up and mixed in...what is wrong with me? Looks like some tasty burgers @Acn.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I really like broccoli and eat a lot of vegetables but, the idea of having vegetables, other than fried or maybe potato salad or as condiments, with a burger seems sort of counter-productive to me.  =;

The burgers look great and I'm sure that the broccoli was good too!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Great reason to have one of those swing out rigs, that looks interesting and if your worried about health, skip the roll.............