Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rubs and Sauce exchange - Avocado Burger and Filet Mignon

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
edited June 2013 in Beef
Used the Espresso rub on the burger.  The burger was made using a mixture of beef and chopped bacon.  Topped with avocado slices, more bacon and Lime Jalepeno aioli.  This one was for me.  I cut the avocado in the plate making a mess of it but who cares?  It was good!

The filet mignon was simply rubbed with the "Rub with love beef rub".  This one was for SWMBO and she was hungry so I do not have plated pics...  It gave a nice crust on the steak!

Thanks @Double we tasted the other rubs as well and can't wait to try them.  The pork rub is different than the rubs I'm used to; it is really tasty!  We will try it soon.  The peri peri rub is also verry good.  I will wait before opening the sauce.

imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thats a nice plate and nice collection of goodies. The Peri Peri rub sounds particularly neat. What's the yellowish sauce squiggle on the bun? Doesn't look like mustard.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    caliking said:
    Thats a nice plate and nice collection of goodies. The Peri Peri rub sounds particularly neat. What's the yellowish sauce squiggle on the bun? Doesn't look like mustard.
    @caliking It is Lime Jalepeno aioli.  It is a flavored mayonnaise.

Options
    caliking said:

I enjoy the peri peri

Lynnwood WA
  • caliking
    Options
    Did you make the aioli? Would love to try it if you did.

@double: I'm going to be in Seattle this weekend. Will try to see if I can pick some of the peri peri rub. Is it available at any stores?

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    caliking said:

Did you make the aioli? Would love to try it if you did.

@double: I'm going to be in Seattle this weekend. Will try to see if I can pick some of the peri peri rub. Is it available at any stores?
    It's available at most stores. Where will you be staying?
    Lynnwood WA
  • caliking
    Options
    @double: will be arriving Thurs morning, and plan on going to the Chihuly Gardens. Will make our way to a friend's place on Mercer Island for the weekend. Might go to Pike's Place Market on Friday.