Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for dinner

Options
This is the first of 5 or 6 slated for tonight. I think it looks like the best I have made yet.

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    Nice and round. Where are the meat toppings?
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    That's the kids. Daddy's had bacon and onions. The wife's had ricotta and pepperoni.
  • HawkeyeEgghead
    Options

Nice looking pie, great job.  I wish I has all the space of an XL.  Tell us about your dough, did you make it or buy it?  What temp did you cook at?  Again great looking pizza, thanks fro sharing

• HawkeyeEgghead
    Options

whoops, typo.  I meant to write Thanks for sharing!

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    Ok here are more details the dough is a homemade gluten free crust. I cooked it at 600 to 650 where ever the egg wanted to settle at. They went on the egg on parchment paper( if you have ever made a GF crust you know how sticky it is), it was pulled after a few min. About half way through I rotated them 180 degrees, they cooked for a total of 8 to 10 min. We made a double batch for a total of 7 pizzas for 2 adults and 2 kids. It is much easier to do a double batch and freeze some pizzas as all the stuff is already out.

If anyone is interested in the GF dough recipe we use gluten free mama flour and the recipe comes from the gluten free mama cookbook. Also if you need the flour the best place we have found to buy it is from amazon. If you set up a delivery on a regular schedule you get a discount. I will try to get my wife's GF mama cookbook so I cane post the whole recipe.