Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Zucchini Boats

With the forum down last night I went on a wild rampage and whacked the local deer so I could feed the family. I decided that I would do the right thing and make something kind of healthy since I had done something so inhumane. I had made these about a year ago thanks to @griffin and loved them. After I processed my kill I decided to add insult to injury and grind him into hamburger meat (Yes my KA does look pink, but it is red as the meat). I decided to cook up the meat on my CI skillet on the egg and then added green onions, and a can of Rotel and what ever spices that the kitchen had.  I cut the zucchini in half and cleaned out the guts and add it to my meat mixture. Filled each boat with the mixture in a pan and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Cooked Indirect at 300 for an hour.

I had a cabbage head in the fridge and decided he needed to go also, cut it in half and cored it. I didn't have any bacon and there were not any local wild pigs that were roaming around so in my rampage I went to the neighbors and took a few of his bacon strips. I covered the cabbage in bacon, threw some salt & pepper on and wrapped in foil. Cooked it with the zucchini at 300 also.

SWMBO loved this meal she was worried that the venison would be overpowering and was quite surprised it wasn't. The Cabbage was incredible, It did stink up my house pretty good.

Please Forum don't go down again I am afraid of what I might do again.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

V.JPG 525.9K
V1.JPG 441.4K
V3.JPG 666.4K
V4.JPG 604.4K

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    That's a good looking meal Tut!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

You da man, @TUTTLE871!!

Do you know if there is going to be a pre-season SMU Baylor game this year? I heard SMU canceled because they said they already had too many hard games. Not trying to dog on SMU, that's just what I heard. Would love to tailgate that one.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Griffin said:

You da man, @TUTTLE871!!

Do you know if there is going to be a pre-season SMU Baylor game this year? I heard SMU canceled because they said they already had too many hard games. Not trying to dog on SMU, that's just what I heard. Would love to tailgate that one.

I do think that there is a game here this year with Baylor. If so we are going.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Sweet. I need to look into getting tickets. I know my cousin would want to go as well since he was a pony.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Griffin said:

Sweet. I need to look into getting tickets. I know my cousin would want to go as well since he was a pony.

Just saw the schedule, No Baylor Bears this year.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Looking good. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.