Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Beef Ribs

I was going to low-n-slow some beef chuck ribs yesterday, but I wasn't able to start them in the egg until 3.5 hours before our guests were going to arrive. This was a big piece of meat, a little more than 6 pounds, but I decided to go ahead and turbo-style the ribs. 2 hours indirect at 300*, about 45 minutes in foil, and then 35 minutes raised direct at 350*, flipping every 10 minutes. They turned out really good. Really nice bark and a beautiful bright red smoke ring. Beef ribs may be my favorite smoked meat.

I enthusiastically recommend turbo-style on beef ribs.

Unfortunately no plated shots, guests tore into the ribs as soon as they were cut. It is tough to see from the pics, but the finished ribs were about 3.5 inches thick.

-Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Looks great. I love beef ribs. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Those look excellent.  Better than any beef ribs I've done.  Thanks for posting this.  I'll do something similar in the future.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Looks like you  nailed them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    They look great but you shouldn't be so angry. Take a chill pill. You're among friends here!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95