Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day Tri Tip - First Auber use

RTSampson
RTSampson Posts: 8
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum

The kids got me an Auber PID controller for fathers day so I obviously had to use it.  While it was a short cook, the Auber got to temp quickly and held steady for the hour or so I needed. 

Before I knew what I was getting I decided for fathers day I wanted to try tri tip on my egg.  I went with the Santa Maria Recipe thats been posted around here a time or two.  Indirect until about 115, pulled and rested while getting the egg up to temp (took too long a break as I wrapped my thermo for the first time, but avoided the flashback) then seared about a minute on each side.  At this point I remembered "it didn;t happen without pics" so I had SWMBO snap a few of the final temp check, some sliced, and finally plated with some blue cheese bacon mashed potatoes. 

photo Flame_zps4afe2cef.jpg

Fire

photo meat_zps99ab5548.jpg

Sliced

photo Plated_zps8d7caa83.jpg

Plated

Suwanee, GA

Comments