Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fast Cooking Briskets

Options
Seems like there are quite a lot of fast cooking briskets this weekend. Anybody have any idea if there is some sort of celestial phenomenon that would account for this?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I've been cooking at about 280 for my briskets. Seems to take about 1hr per lb.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    I wish that was the case with mine. I am at 15 hours and its only at 180 internal. Dome temp has been between 225-250. It was looking too dark so I wrapped it in foil about an 1.5 hours ago and raised the temp to 275. Maybe i'll kick it up to 300. I was hoping to eat it around 2...not looking so good for me!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    frankc623 said:

I wish that was the case with mine. I am at 15 hours and its only at 180 internal. Dome temp has been between 225-250. It was looking too dark so I wrapped it in foil about an 1.5 hours ago and raised the temp to 275. Maybe i'll kick it up to 300. I was hoping to eat it around 2...not looking so good for me!

I cook mine at 275 grid. That's about 300 dome.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    frankc623 said:
    it will jump fast in foil. You'll be done well before 2 if you wrap it at 180. Keep an eye on it- it will shoot up fast

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    thanks guys. Internal temp is at 193 at the moment. i'll pull it at 195 and FTC it...

Is an hour FTC'd sufficient enough?
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    I cooked mine at about the same temp as Travis yesterday and the 5 pounder was done in 3 hours.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs