Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie needs help

Options
I just bought a used lg BGE to surprise my husband with for our anniversary , as we haven't been able to get a new one just yet. Anyway it is in good condition except it had some grazing in the paint and a couple if really small (less than dime sized) places where the green has chipped off. The former owner had it outside with no cover. I am restaining the wood on the handle and side tables and want to "spiff up" the missing paint. Anyone have any good advice for me?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    BGE sells little bottles of touch up paint. You are a wonderful wife!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• woody's wood pit
    Options
    You truely are a good wife... touch it up with paint from BGE...enjoy being a member of the "cult"

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    Sorry to open back up an old thread, but if I were looking to buy BGE touch up paint for some nicks, would I just call the mothership or do you think dealers carry it?
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Y'know, some dealers will and some won't.  They are certainly not all the same level of competency.

Just check with your local.  He can at least order it.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon