Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My pizza today

Options
First pizza fully on my own.. my wife usually helps with the dough.

Came out delicious! Lesson learned this time: looks like i should put the basil in later, because it burns quick

Comments

• BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Second picture says it all.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks good! 

I usually do what you did with the basil. I figure if it's good enough for Mangieri, it's good enough for me! But you can also put it on the sauce (or even under the sauce) and add the cheese and toppings over it. Still get the flavor without burning. Actually, mine doesn't burn so much as it shrivels, even at 7-900°.

Anyway - NICE lookin' pie!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Options
    Basil after they come off.  Pies are still hot enough to release oils in the leaf.  Plus it stays green. 
    MBGE in Charleston