Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cube Steak

Options
Last night's cook.  We've been without email for 24 hours.

Never did this before.  We bought a couple of cube steaks to do in the pan, then I thought what the heck if I can cook a hamburger on the Egg why not these.

Done just like a burger, direct, raised at 400.

Cube steak is the only cut I will use steak sauce on.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Nice cook. You've piqued my interest Maestro. I have not cooked cube steak in 5 or 6 years. Never on the grill.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Less chewin', more swallowing - best thing since sliced bread!
    Options
    that's some old school right there

nicely done
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Opens up a whole new world of possibility!

:-B
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Nice cook Doc. I've done cubed deer steak on the egg a few times. It is good. I like to add a little marinade just before putting on the grill.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited June 2013
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Nice cook Doc. I've done cubed deer steak on the egg a few times. It is good. I like to add a little marinade just before putting on the grill.
    I rubbed these with EVOO and salt, pepper, garlic.  Now I wonder, since I like A-1 on this, how would it taste is used as a marinade.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I like to use Dale's. I like A-1 but I've never cooked with it. Id try it though.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .