Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PA Eggfest

Options
Bigfoot
Bigfoot Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WOW! The PA Eggfest was cool! It is still a small event so there was plenty of time to talk to the cooks. In fact, my Pizza problem was solved and I turned out the best Pizza I have ever made last night using the tips I got (room temp for the dough, and not so sticky).[p]I also got to meet BBQ Bob from the BBQ Guru - HOLY SMOKES that guy can cook! His pork/chicken, Gorganzola sausage on the egg was AMAZING - I would LOVE to have THAT recipe! He also turned out some fab Chicken!![p]The folks up at Wood Burners did a nice job - I will go next year and cook!

Comments

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    gorg_sausage01.jpg
    <p />Bigfoot,[p]Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate that. It was nice to meet you and everybody at the PA Eggfest! Karl, Linda and Jean Marie of Woodburners did a fantastic job putting everything together and I hope it triples in size next year. Here is the Sausage recipe:
    Enjoy!
    BBQ Bob[p]2.5 lbs Ground pork
    2.5 lbs Ground Chicken
    2 containers of crumbled gorgonzola cheese
    2 cups of crispy chopped bacon (or real bacon bits)
    Dizzy Pig Cowlick to taste
    1 handful chopped Cilantro
    1 handful chopped parsley
    1 tsp Black pepper
    Salt to taste
    2 cups of cold water[p]Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl. Let mixture sit for 24 hours and roll into Hole-e Smokes Silicone Cooking Mats. If you plan on smoking the sausage at low temperatures (140° F), use Tender quick or an alternative cure to preserve meat and insure freshness.[p]
    Cook at 300° F until internal temp. reaches 170° F using Cherry smoke wood. Baste with BBQ sauce [p]When ya eat um yer gonna say: Holy Smokes![p]

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Oh WOW!!! THANKS SO MUCH!
  • jerseymatt
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    what are Hole-e smokers silicone mats? That sounds gooood

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    JerseyMatt,
    WE make silicone grilling/smoking mats for homemade sausage and delicate foods that can be placed on the grill.[p]http://www.thebbqguru.com/hole_e_smokes.htm[p]BBQ Bob