Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Highlights from the PNW Evergreen (Seattle) Eggfest?

Did anyone attend the Eggfest in Seattle this weekend?  I'd love to hear about it.  Number of cooks, unique recipes, etc.  With it being King Salmon season, I was wondering if there were any adventurous eggers with disposable income who decided to give the crowd a treat.
Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    I went and for my first it was a blast. Tons of people and cooks not sure on number.

There was a few people doing salmon, one guy did some Kobe beef strips. Plenty of people very generous on what they provided and cooked. I'll be going yearly now.

Some other stuff

Stromboli
    Shortcake with fresh berries
    Paella

I'm drawing a blank but easily 7-10 cooks did a salmon of some sort. And if they are pnw peeps it was wild ( only way to go on fish)
    Seattle, WA
  • TEggSun
    TEggSun Posts: 244
    SkinnyV said:
    I went and for my first it was a blast. Tons of people and cooks not sure on number. There was a few people doing salmon, one guy did some Kobe beef strips. Plenty of people very generous on what they provided and cooked. I'll be going yearly now. Some other stuff Stromboli Shortcake with fresh berries Paella I'm drawing a blank but easily 7-10 cooks did a salmon of some sort. And if they are pnw peeps it was wild ( only way to go on fish)
    Man, that made me drool.  There is no better salmon that one done properly on the Egg.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    My first as well. Took the wife and her sister and husband. We were all quite blown away. Will definitely go back!
  • yvrbased
    yvrbased Posts: 13
    My second PNW event; it was great. I'm thinking the most memorable dish was an Aoli Parmesan corn on the cob. Love corn from the egg.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    My first and it was great, hopefully next year I will step up and cook, I felt guilty eating everyone's food! It was a good event will def be on the annual calendar.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Rick1
    Rick1 Posts: 81
    My first Eggfest as well and it was great. Corn on the cob with butter & brown sugar was new to me. Brings new meaning to "sweet corn."
  • TBonez
    TBonez Posts: 10
    My seventh Eggfest and this year was the best so far. My daughter and I had a great time. Thank you to everyone who came by and said hello.  We made Calzones,  Stromboli, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thigh's and finished with a "Death By Chocolate" dish. Already looking forward to year 8! 
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    TBonez said:
    My seventh Eggfest and this year was the best so far. My daughter and I had a great time. Thank you to everyone who came by and said hello.  We made Calzones,  Stromboli, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thigh's and finished with a "Death By Chocolate" dish. Already looking forward to year 8! 

Are you the one who made the rolled up thing?
  • SkinnyV
    Tbonez was solid turned out good stuff .
    Seattle, WA
  • swamprb
    swamprb Posts: 97
    Here are some pics I posted on my team fb page. We were cooking under the Smokin' Ty's BBQ tent. This was my 7th Eggfest and my co-horts first.

There was some Salmon getting Egg'd. I was given a nice filet towards the end of the day grilled up nicely Sunday.

The Kobe strips you mentioned were American style Wagyu Beef Rib Lifters from the Butcher Shop Cafe in Kenmore. Seasoned with Oakridge BBQ "Black Ops" rub. They run about 3/4-1.5 lbs and have great marbling. I liken them as a cross between a Flat Iron and Tri-tip.

Sorry you missed the Kobe Tri-Tip I served up-it went fast!
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    @swamprb Is that extruded coconut charcoal I see in there? I've been dying to try that stuff, but it's very pricey. 

Anyone else ever use it? 

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • SkinnyV
    edited June 2013
    Swampprb was a solid guy very nice and good chatting with you. I got your demo egg, and the 1/2 box of charcos and smoking wood was great too.

Thanks.
    Seattle, WA