Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another pizza night tale of tasty successes!

Have been having trouble with the platesetter-pizza stone arrangement so I eliminated the plate-setter, raised the grate with firebricks, and went bareback with the pizza stone.

MUCH better, crispier crust. Tonights bounty a white clam pie, and a Jalapeño-cashew pizza. Delish.

Will take the suggestion of CarolinaQ's method and raise the stone higher into the dome next time for better browning.

Every time I visit this site, I learn some great new things. To the knowledge-base...Thank You! Hope to make a contribution others value soon too.
When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Nice cook. Never seen cashews on a pizza, interesting idea. Were they roasted? Salted?

Cheers-
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • EggPower
    EggPower Posts: 25
    Nice! I have to try cashews on pizza. Not sure about with jalapeño though. Hmmm.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited June 2013
    The cashews are roasted and salted...definitely.  Worrying on salt and fats while eating pizza seems like wasted worry :^)

They pair quite well with sausage pizza and I like them a little...err, burned but the Missus doesn't...so they weren't.

Was introduced to them a couple decades ago when I was a Pacific Northwesterner and won't ever not like them on pizza.  Likewise the white clam pizza, but I'm not sure thats a regional thing or I was sheltered as a child...

Give them a try...every pizza needs more calories right?

When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)