Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is there anything better (from a cooking perspective)

WVU-Egg
WVU-Egg Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pork butts on the egg and the hickory smoke is providing a nice steady stream of smoke.........[p]Nothing better than to sit back on the porch with a cup of coffee and smelling the hickory smoke & egg do it's work knowing you'll have pork later today.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    WVU_Egg, don't know about you, but I find the actual eating of that pulled pork is better. :-)

• WVU-Egg
    Wise One,
    well that is my 'Is there anything better (from an eating perspective) post which comes in about 8 more hours!!... :-)

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Well...In that case I'd have to say, you appear to have all the bases covered!!

I'm in for a re-fill in coffee!!

Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    WVU_Egg, I always thought that sampling while cooking was always the perogative of the cook. Typically by the time the meat is prepared, I'm so full I can barely eat any more - but I do.

However, I will tell you for future reference. If you layer a brisket with some good thick cut bacon and put it on at 6PM, by 8AM that bacon and a cup of coffee makes a VERY good breakfast while waiting for the brisket to finish up. Don't know if it's any better, but it's good.

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    WVU_Egg,Sounds good to me. My wife informed me we must egg all our stockpile of steak as we are going to Napa for a week at the end the month. Keep those hurricanes away. We are headed to Gainsville for the game today. Are you going to the USF WWV game October 22?

• WVU-Egg
    Jopa,
    Yes, I will be in Tampa for the USF-WVU game. I fly down that morning and arrive around 11 a.m. Game is at 7 p.m. Then leaving the next day. I'm ready for some tailgating.
    You going?