Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Joe Lump

egret
egret Posts: 4,170
Ace Hardware, since no longer carrying WG WW, have introduced Kamado Joe in 22# bags for about the same price as the WG. Anyone have any experience with this lump?

Comments

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Ace personal are saying that it is from the same suppiler who supplies WG. I have not used it, brought the last bags of WH they had.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    egret said:
    Ace Hardware, since no longer carrying WG WW, have introduced Kamado Joe in 22# bags for about the same price as the WG. Anyone have any experience with this lump?
    Egret, I saw this as well. A new Ace just came in near my house and went to check them out. They dont sells eggs, but they do have Kamado Joe lump. I almost tried it. Hope someone responds for both of our sake
    ;)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    I have only used one bag so take this for what it's worth. Has a lot of huge pieces/tree limbs. Have to bust with hammer. Takes awhile to light. Takes even longer to "burn clean". Once you get it going, it burns for a long time and has little ash.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Not a great pic but this is a sampling of KJ lump. That is a size 11 boot for size reference .

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    shtgunal3 said:
    Not a great pic but this is a sampling of KJ lump. That is a size 11 boot for size reference .
    Wow, you could put just 2 pieces in the egg and cook forever.  Those are huge.
  • finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Same thing here.  Huge pieces, little ash.  Worked for me.
    MBGE in Charleston

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    shtgunal3 said:

Damn your wife has big feet...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    KJ personally told me it was the same as WGWW and I was able to find out precisely the opposite. Seems kind of shady.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

KJ personally told me it was the same as WGWW and I was able to find out precisely the opposite. Seems kind of shady.

That is shady. I am outta here :-/
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    I tried their lump last year and wasn't impressed.  good not great.  After hearing they had changed their supplier I gave them another try last week. to make a long story short - I was impressed.  Nice size pieces, metallic "clink" sound, clean burn, neutral taste.  It reminded me of WG. Not saying it is but that is what it reminded me of.
  • freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129

A lump charcoal scandal? Hmm, makes you wonder the motive.
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior