Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib plus

Finally getting time to post Sundays cook: starter was grilled romain with homemade ceaser dressing and grated parm. cheese with a slice of garlic bread. Main event was a 5.5 lb boneless rib roast, evoo and a local chefs prime rib rub. Roast was done indirect around 270 dome temp. It was at 125 IT in 2.5 hours, which was faster then I had planned. Thanks to a quick forum search found post saying you can FTC a prime rib with a 5 to 8 degree temp increase to be expected, so gave me room for a hour plus hold and still be medium rare. While roast sat, did potato planks in evoo and garlic with a lemon aioil sauce. Also did a broccoli salad, blanched then grilled with some bread crumbs mixed with garlic, pepper flakes and s&p, and evoo, shredded parm. added at the table. Enjoyed the meal, then went back to the egg, set back up as indirect and baked chocolate lava cakes that where served with strawberries and whipped cream, the real stuff. Everything turned out better then expected. Pushed myself with prep, coordination, timing, adjusting the plan and roasting, then grilling then baking all in one cook. Only negative was the prime rib was a just a touch tougher to the bite then I would have liked. But the meal won rave reviews, and I was very pleased with the total cook.

Comments