Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: New Weber, not me, self lighting charcoal.

So one of the cardiologist I work with was raving about his new grill he just bought.  He's 100% anti egg, odd ball, but thats another subject.  He was telling me he was on his was to lowe's to get some charcoal and propane and we were talking about what we were gonna cook this weekend.  

He said he just bought a new grill, a weber, that you put a small propane tank in and it shoots a flame into the charcoal lighting it for you and without lighter fluid.  Sounds like a MAP torch or something is built in on the side of this pit.  Cool idea, not buying or needing a weber. Just wanted to see if anyone had seen one.

XLBGE 

Comments

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    ATK's most recent grill roundup included the Weber self-lighting.  The video is online and was linked to from here.
  • freduc2
    freduc2 Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    I have one and really like it. Had it before the egg. Its something I still use if I want to grill quick and shut it down with a small amount of charcoal.
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
  • this has been around for quite a while. my Dr. buddy had one when I bought my egg 8 years ago. what is it with these drs and Thier self light webbers?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    I have the older stainless steel top
    version. Picked it up on craigslist a while back. It still works great for discada or comal cooks. Lights up and shuts down quickly.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Looks pretty cool to me, guess I'm behind though.

Haha you think if a nurse can have two eggs, an interventional cardiologist could get off it and buy an egg!!

XLBGE 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    I had one of this Webers before I got my BGE. It actually works very well. You use the small propane canisters and just burn it for about 5 minutes to get the lump started. Cooked a lot of great meals on that unit.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.