Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The best way to get moist white chicken breasts I have found

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053

I have been trying to eat better so I have been cooking alot of chicken breasts. This is the best way I have found to not dry it out. Started with bone in skin on chicken breasts and pulled the skin back and added a pad of butter, cluck and squeal, and some sticky fingers habenero sauce. Pull the skin back over and cook indirect at 350-375 dome to 160-165 degrees. They will finish at different times so you have to keep checking individually once they get close. Once pulled I foil them for a half hour or so and then remove the skin and pull it. Publix had them on sale so I made 2 weeks worth.image.image.image.image.image

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Can I have the skin please? Looks great!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    looks awesome. Do you ever brine? That will change your chicken life if you like juicy chicken. Sous vide too. Juice runs out all over the cutting board.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    For years we bought boneless skinless chicken breast. Lately, cooking either raised direct (bone side down) or indirect has produced much better results. 
    Your's look great, I'll have to try this butter under the skin technique! Thanks for sharing, like LS, I'll keep the skin, thank you!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lit
    Options
    looks awesome. Do you ever brine? That will change your chicken life if you like juicy chicken. Sous vide too. Juice runs out all over the cutting board.
    Thanks. I use the sous vide when I get boneless breasts and they are great but when I did sous vide with bone in breasts it came out looking nasty. It was like a redish pink around the bones and I didn't want to eat it. I always plan on brining them but never seem to find the time. The brine in Charcuterie is great on turkey though I can only imagine how good it would be on chicken.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Those sound great man!  They beat me to it...I was gonna say I would eat the skin as an appetizer.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Deviledegger
    Deviledegger Posts: 271
    Options
    Is was at a cookout recently where people didn't want skin on there chicken. We ended up wrapping the skin around Brussel sprouts, basting them and throwing them on the grill. They were really good. I plan on wrapping sprouts with bacon and egging them soon.
  • allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    Options
    @Lit  Any chance you would share the turkey brine from Charcuterie?    Thanks-
    Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• Lit
    Options
    Sorry about the size photobucket is messing with me. I would only brine 12 hours if you are just doing chicken parts. A whole chicken could go 24 hours.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Is was at a cookout recently where people didn't want skin on there chicken. We ended up wrapping the skin around Brussel sprouts, basting them and throwing them on the grill. They were really good. 
    Mmmkay, c'mon weekend, I got something new to try!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month