Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old Daves Hot and Fast Brisket - Kind of Long

sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Old Dave gave me a brisket recipe to try and I wanted to report on the results here. He and I have discussed hot and fast briskets a bit but I've never tried one. This gave me the opportunity to do it. The results were pretty amazing I must say, not quite as tender as a brisket cooked low and slow but the flavor of the meat was out of this world. Dave told me that it would taste like prime rib and he was darn near right. It was pretty tasty stuff.[p]I started with a 11 pound packer cut brisket, trimmed a LITTLE BIT of the fat but I left a good chunk of it on as I knew how I was going to cook it. The brisket is injected and the ingredients are:[p]Fab-B
water
apple juice
maple syrup
Brisket Rub[p]This all gets mixed together and injected at a pretty good rate into the meat. I used about 2oz./pound ratio.[p]While I'm getting the brisket ready inside the cooker was getting to about 350, direct cook on a raised grid. When the temp is there I put the brisket on, fat side down, and let it go. The fat dripping directly onto the fire made for a pretty good smelling neighborhood for a few hours but it also adds a TON of flavor to the meat. I cooked it to 200 internal, (about 3-4 hours, wasnt realy paying attention), in the fattest part of the brisket and took it off the cooker. I wrapped it in foil for about an hour and then cut into it. It was some pretty good eats I have to say. Not as tender as a slow cooked brisket but not bad either.[p]Thanks to Old Dave for the chance to try it. If you ever want try a different way to do a brisket, this one is really worth the time.[p]Troy

Comments