Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The "Man Tote" and new toy for the Egg

Options
photo 20130529_170816_zps9ee0cf8d.jpg

I know it's a horrible name, but  I used to load up this very ugly basket with the daily BBQ necessities to take out side for every cook .... I saw this tote at Lowes a while back and figured I could drill a few holes in the center ridge for therms and lighters, etc.   I told the kids it was more "Manly" so the name stuck.  We started decorating it out bits of bumper stickers.  I thought I'd share it with you.  Does anyone use anything similar?   

NEW TOY ALERT - You can see it in the back slot.  Figured I'd try out the Hi Que rack and see what all the buzz is about .... I hate ash build up!  Hope it holds up to the hype.

See ya-

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    You will love the High Q grate!
    Flint, Michigan
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thats a good idea. I have a dedicated big toolbox that has all my bbq stuff - makes it easy to travel with my stuff too.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Very neat idea I very rarely add seasoning to a cook once it's already on the egg. All I have out to cook with is spatula, tongs, and grill brush.  Everything else is done in the kitchen. Still a great idea if it helps with your cooking.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments.  Many of the contents constantly seem to change.  This is loaded with the seasonings that we just took on vacation.  I had to cook on a Weber Gasser :o    

Around the house it has the usual's that Scottboras mentioned along with Clorox wipes, the Maverick therms, probe therm, gloves, spritz bottle, and its been known to carry a beer or two out for me, etc... 

• WRA
    WRA Posts: 14
    Options
    looks nice, i've just got my stuff in a cardboard box lol
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That's a good idea!  I just make 100 trips in and out the door while I'm cooking and let all the AC out and the smoke in.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Streetglider
    Streetglider Posts: 104
    Options
    Love my High Q grate, make a tremendous difference. You'll also see how much "small" pieces you are getting whichever lump you use

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • BeerIAm
    BeerIAm Posts: 21
    Options
    Looks good.  You just need to find a way to empty/shift some of the contents so you can dedicate an entire side of the tote to ice and beer. 
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    BeerIAm said:
    Looks good.  You just need to find a way to empty/shift some of the contents so you can dedicate an entire side of the tote to ice and beer. 
    Mount that on a cooler with some wheels and I believe you'd have a winner.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• TurtleCreek
    TurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Options
    BeerIAm said:
    Mount that on a cooler with some wheels and I believe you'd have a winner.
    That's a whole new level now ...