Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermometer, Choices?

Options
SCalHotRod
SCalHotRod Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,

I took the plunge today and bought a large BGE, but the dealer was out of the stock thermometers.

Are there any other choices for thermos other than the factory one?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Santa Clara, CA
I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.

Comments

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    do a search for TEL-true thermometers they are the best for the BGE
  • SCalHotRod
    Options
    I found the Tel-Tru therms and saw that they make a stock replacement ones for the BGEs, but there are still quite a few choices.

Which one did you get??

Chris
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • SCalHotRod
    Options
    I found the Tel-Tru therms and saw that they make a stock replacement ones for the BGEs, but there are still quite a few choices.

Which one did you get??

Chris
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Last time I looked they had four choices. Two temperature ranges in two stem lengths. I think the longer stem length will be a little more accurate, but I've the short stems and they seem to work well enough. The temperature range would depend on what you think you need. Good luck!

TNW
    The Naked Whiz