Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty claims

I need to call the mothership to make a few warranty claims. My xl egg is almost eleven months old and the gasket is gone, the cast iron fire grate has a crack and my pizza stone has a crack all the way across it.

Does anyone have the best number to call to get this resolved. Thanks

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Its been awhile since I've read the warranty, but I don't believe the metal parts are under warranty. They usually replace the gaskets, but those are also not under warranty. Consider them to be like tires on a car. Will need replacing every X hours at X degrees.

Pizza stone, don't know.

When one of my fireboxes collapsed, I called the dealer. E-mailed them a photo, as requested. They contacted the mothership, and a new one was authorized. Arrived at my house 3 days later. Total time, 5 days.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

Take pictures of everything and send them to your local dealer.....that's who will process your warranty claim.  The BGE company store is the place to call if you do not have a dealer near by or having a problem with them.

Warranty:  5-yrs on the metal, 3-yrs on the eggsessories, and 1-yr on the gasket.  You should be covered on everything.

If you don't have your receipt, you're pretty much screwed.  Also, get a receipt for the warrantied parts, because in a year from now, you'll probably be doing this again.

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    The dealer I bought from is like 80 miles away and I would rather not have to make the drive to get the stuff. There are dealers closer but I drove for the best deal.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Firemanyz said:
    The dealer I bought from is like 80 miles away and I would rather not have to make the drive to get the stuff. There are dealers closer but I drove for the best deal.
    You can handle a warranty claim with any authorized dealer...doesn't have to be the one you purchased from. 

Check out the "claim procedure" here:

If you still want to call them, the number is here:

...I think you can handle it directly with them but you would be responsible for shipping.  It may be better for you to use the dealer.  For the gasket...they might just drop that in the mail for you at no charge since it is small/light item.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Yep - they will send you a gasket free under warranty. I had the old style gasket on my small, and it was pretty much history after just a few cooks. Called and they sent one right away. barely even wanted to hear my story about when I bought the egg, where I bought it etc.

But you'll need a dealer for the other parts.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The fire grate is covered. I got one after 8 years. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 354
    The fire grate is covered. I got one after 8 years. 

I think they added the grate to the list of yeronyerown recently
  • Firemanyz
    Yes I called the mothership and talked to Bruce. He said he would put a new gasket in the mail and they prefer to have the other two items address at a local dealer. If there were any problems at the local level he said to call him back and we would get it straight. Thank you to the mothership.

• The fire grate is covered. I got one after 8 years. 

I think they added the grate to the list of yeronyerown recently
    that sucks. Mine was just 8-9 months ago. Dealer did it so maybe it's changed. buy a High-Q if they don't cover it

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Firemanyz
    It's covered according to Bruce at BGE.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited May 2013
    Firemanyz said:
    It's covered according to Bruce at BGE.

Just go by the warranty:

http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/warranty/ 

3. METAL COMPONENTS: Metal, Stainless Steel and Cast Iron components of the EGG (including the metal bands, hinge mechanism, dual function metal top, cooking grid, fire grate and draft door) carry a Limited Five (5) Year Warranty to the original purchaser.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 354
    I just go to a plumbing wholesale and buy a 3" cast drain cover for three bucks
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    I just go to a plumbing wholesale and buy a 3" cast drain cover for three bucks

Canadian or US $$?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Bout the same right now. It is in fact a cast drain cover

Steve 

Caledon, ON