Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Houston Area or TX eggfest?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was at chim chimneys the other day in texas. What a stark contrast to BBQ galore. These people knew the EGG backwards and forwards, and had EVERY eggcessories in stock. Even fireboxes and stuff normally not carried in stock. Anyways, I asked the owners, who are eggheads about an eggfest. They want to do it. Anyone interested? I know that Trex lives nearby, any other eggs out in SW Texas?

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    spincycle,
    I'm game. In fact that's where the original Texas Eggfest idea was sparked. It just grew into a state wide event, thanks to Grillmeister in Austin.[p]I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow but email me at springchicken@houston.rr.com and we will talk about it. [p]The fine folks at Chim Chimneys know me. They also know the Big Green Egg.[p]Spring "Ready For Anything" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    spincycle,
    In my opinion BBQ'sGalore (at least one outlet in San Antonio) is the best selling tool for anyone else selling the EGG in this area...I won't darken their door again. I applaude chim chimneys as I do BBQ Outfitters in Austin for their support and promotion of the EGG. This is probably a no-no post, but I had to say it.[p]Mike

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Hope you enjoy your vacation, have a safe and wonderful time.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• My Son and I are eggers living in Houston, Sounds Great to have Eggfest here.

• Peanut
    Options
    We are in Clear Lake. Sounds like a great idea! Count us in! Wonder where the Spring Chicken and Hen are going? LOL.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Sam Smith,[p]Were you aware if the Texas (Austin) Eggfest?[p]Much fun!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • spincycle,
    I'm going to Central Market Tuesday in Houston, where's Chim Chimmney located in Houston? I would like to go to thier store.
    Thanks,
    360 guy-gary

• Chubby,[p]Yes, I was there and loved it. Austin's absolutely beautiful. Just thought Houston would O.K too. I met you in Austin. We cooked the Brisket and Ribs on Saturday,with my sons homemade rub. If I remember correctly you are also a houston resident? [p]Sam
  • Chubby
    Options
    Sam Smith,[p]Were they marinaded in Balsamic and Brown surgar?[p]I remember those!![p]Houston resident?[p]Yes I am...Cypress!![p]Check the post above "MiniMeisterFest"[p]I've got ribbers on now![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    360 guy,[p]I dont have the exact address....but they are off 45 (south of Webster)[p]East of the highway![p]Evans
  • Peanut
    Options
    830 Main Street, League City---I went there today and they were interested in talking Eggfest in this area. I mentioned that I had read about it on the forum.
  • Chubby,[p]Got one good memory... Chubby. Balsamic and Brown Sugar is absolutely correct. Tonight we made homemade sausage. Pork Butt,jalepeno,whole mustard seed,cubed sharp cheddar,garlic(heavy on that),salt black pepper,green onions (chive). Smoking 3 of those babies right now.[p]Sam and Jared

• Chubby,[p]Would like to send pictures, send instructions.[p]Sam[p]
  • 360 guy,[p]
    Hi! Chimchimneys is in league city, I believe exit 32 off 45 south.
    Chim-Chimneys, Inc. (28 miles)
    Fireplace and Hearth Shop
    830 W. Main Street
    League City,TX 77573
    281.316.9077[p]They are fanatical eggheads, you will love them.

• Sam Smith,[p]Well all we need are a few dozen. Chim Chimneys said they are willing to also provide eggs for those who cannot transport. The street they are on has a good bit of traffic. I was so impressed with the store that I hope we can meet, cook, and convert some traffic into eggers. Anyone interested in a Houston Area eggfest please email me at kevin@siennapcSPAM.com Please remove the SPAM part in my address.[p]I would love to see something come about...maybe in November?