Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's ???

Options
Alton
Alton Posts: 509
I know that ABT's are appetizers and they usually involve the stuffing of a pepper but what does ABT'S stand for? Sorry for my ignorance:-)
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options

Atomic Buffalo Turds ;)

Now you know!

My favorite mix is to brown some chorizo sausage, mix with cream cheese, stuff jalapeno and wrap in bacon, delish!

"Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • mindfulwanderer
    Options
    fresh or cured chorizo?
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    I make them with jalapenos, smoked cheese, and bacon.  Can use cream cheese, goat cheese, whatever you like.  Chorizo, shrimp or chicken can be added to make "bombs" or "hodags" or "armadillo turds".  Heard them called a lot of stuff.  Here are pics from the ones I did yesterday.  Good luck - just wear glasses when you clean the seeds and veins, if you do.  Got a splash of jalapeno juice in my eye - once.  
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Like @Ibanda, we use chorizo - we use the whole sausage split with casing removed. Butterfly the sausage and partially cook making it easy to handle them. Chorizo at Safeway comes in mild. medium and hot. always a favourite. 
    Indirect at 300-350 for 45 minutes is a "Ronco" cook. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    The more rib and seeds you leave in, the hotter they are.  I use cream cheese, smoked gouda, minced garlic, and cooked hot italian sausage put through the food processor and scooped into jalepenos halved long ways, wrapped in maple smoked bacon and grilled raised direct at about 350 degrees.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Try chocolate...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I don't half them.. Cut a slit, clean out and place a Hershey dark chocolate cube in. Different.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited May 2013
    Options

A shrimp, gruyere and cream cheese mixed with diced pineapple

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Among my fave eggsecories is the jalapeño corer - use that baby like a boss. Today's afternoon delight will be abts stuffed with a mix of Neufchâtel and Mexican 4 cheese blend with burnt ends in em...giggity
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Also a good idea to wear disposable gloves if you have them if you are seeding and deveining a bunch of peppers.  Otherwise your hands will feel warm for the next couple of days from all the pepper juice.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    dweebs0r said:

Also a good idea to wear disposable gloves if you have them if you are seeding and deveining a bunch of peppers.  Otherwise your hands will feel warm for the next couple of days from all the pepper juice.

And other parts if you are absentminded.
  • abpgwolf
    Options
    + 1 the chorizo.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE