Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer

Options
I wonder how this stacks up to the igrill? 

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    About as well as the Taylor stuff does - should stand up fine to low and slow but I'd still shield the wires with foil...if it takes a hot blast or a temp spike the wires will melt.
  • _BR_
    _BR_ Posts: 42
    Options
    It mentions monitoring food temp but nothing about cooking temp (grill area)? Maybe I missed something, I would pass without that.
  • jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    Options
    You know, that Sharper Image item is an iGrill. So I suspect is stacks up about the same.

It accepts two probes. If it comes with just one probe, you must order the second a la carte. The probes are of two varieties: meat probe, or grate.
  • jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    Options
    I looked at the sharper image item again. Looks like it includes two meat probes. They have a grate probe which is shorter and has a little metal clip for attaching to the grate. You would have to buy that separately if you want one. In any case, you can have a maximum of two probes at one time.

Some people bash the iGrill as being plastic junk. That is somewhat true in that it is not the most robust build, but mine works well and I like the functionality with iPhone/iPad.