Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nights Prime Rib Dinner W/PICS

Options
ShortRib
ShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked up my first Prime Rib Roast, actually my second, the first was still frozen in the middle and ended up really raw. (had to make it into steaks...I was still a true rookie then).[p]Came out great and served it with some chopped salad.[p]PRroast2.jpg[p]PRroast3.jpg

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    ShortRib,[p]Nice!![p]You could slice me a hunk of that... anytime!![p]Evans[p]PS...I think I see your method here...correct me if I'm wrong!![p]Plan A...[p]1) You spend big bucks on the Prime Rib.[p]2) Agonize over just how...and how long to cook it.[p]3) Pray to the BBQ Gods...and Fire it up!![p]Plan B...[p]If it screws up...forget dinner, and empty "The Goose"!![p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • ShortRib
    Options
    Chubby,[p]HA HA you got that right!

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    ShortRib,
    That is a work of art, My Friend.[p]Congratulations![p]Mike

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    ShortRib,
    Looken mighty good! I'm gonna have to get a prime on the egg one of these days and now that the weather is startin to cool down I think it's time. Thanks for sharing the dinner pic's.
    Clay

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    Hey great job. I tried to eat the pic. Please tell us the particulars. Thanks for sharing that the second time was the charm. I thought I was the only one that goofed occasionally the first time. Terrific, thanks for the pics