Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temperature of Cook for SWMBO's Parents

Options

Her 'rents are in town for her graduation.  They want to have steak, fish, and ribs, but my kitchen is being remodeled.  I have a green TP and a small bathroom sink.  I do not like the membrane on ribs.

What do you recommend I do?  I was thinking reverse sear strip steaks, salmon filets (temp?), and possibly turbo St. Louis or slow baby backs.  Let me know!

TIA for advice.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Buy ribs from Costco.They already have the membranes removed.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Ribs first. Meat market or grocery store will remove the membrane. Cook salmon on raised grate, direct, at 400 to an internal temp of 135 for med salmon. Then crank it up and sear the steaks. I have also cooked salmon the day before and serve with sauce and crackers as an appetizer. I apologize. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Yep, what she ^^^ said.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
    Ribs first. Meat market or grocery store will remove the membrane. Cook salmon on raised grate, direct, at 400 to an internal temp of 135 for med salmon. Then crank it up and sear the steaks. I have also cooked salmon the day before and serve with sauce and crackers as an appetizer. I apologize. ;;)

+2 You can cook ribs and salmon before the day but leave the steaks last.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Tell them there's a great restaurant downtown and to "holla" when they get back.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    Alright, went with turbo baby back ribs Friday.  They really liked them.  It got a little windy and temp shot up to 400 but they seemed to like the "burnt ends".  Served them with watermelon and smoked gouda mac n cheese.  I am starting to like Pappy's seasoning on pork.

Didn't end up doing salmon, was too expensive when I looked.

However, tonight we are doing massive prime bone-in ribeye steaks!  They want a really good char, so will probably do reverse sear and just intentionally burn the black pepper. 2 big steaks and 3/4 of us like medium rare, so will let the other one eat the outsides?