Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brown sugar and coffee spiced codfish

Mickey recently gave me this rub which he pulled from MollyShark, Hungry Man, & Richard In FL and then tweaked:

Equal part: Instant Espresso Ground Coffee
(I use fresh ground Espresso)
Equal part: Brown Sugar
1/2 part: Black Pepper
1/2 part: Kosher Salt
1/2 part: Garlic Powder
3/4 part: Ancho Chili Powder

He said it was good on turkey, chicken (it was), beef & pork; but what about fish?  So here it is on a pair of 1/2 pound each nearly one-inch thick cod fillets ready for the large BGE:

I rarely cook fish by temperature, but I stuck a cooking probe in length wise and put the fillets on an elevated rig with the BGE at 400.  When the internal temperature reached 105, I carefully turned the almost flaking fillets and kept them on until they reached 145.  They were really great with a slightly sweet, slightly coffee spiced flavor - almost like sweet blackened fish but cooked on a grill!  I think this would work with any somewhat oily fish, e.g., sea bass and catfish (although I NEVER eat catfish  :laugh: ):

Comments