Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maker's Marketing?

Options

Following up on the thread back in February and the hullabaloo that followed with the reversal of their silly idea to water down the product.  Was it all marketing?

http://www.thestar.com/life/2013/05/06/threat_to_dilute_makers_mark_boosts_bourbons_sales.html

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Maybe. Remember when coke came out with new coke... They really benefited from the failure.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    There's no such thing as bad publicity, just publicity - hence the success of the Kardashians... or Lindsay Lohan..
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i guess the marketing didnt work on me, i didnt buy a bottle
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is interesting.  It's hard to say whether they did this on purpose or if it was just a happy accident.  

I went out and bought a big bottle when they made the announcement because I thought it might be my last chance to have "real makers".  Guess it worked on me! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    M&M isn't my favorite bourbon by far...for the $ I'll take Woodford  reserve anytime. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.