Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new gasket

piney
piney Posts: 1,478
I just installed a new Rutland gasket with Copper Permatex, have fired up the egg with some leftover lump. I have been without a gasket for a couple years, just thought I'd try one.
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Review when done. Thanks in advance
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @piney: can you post the part number for the gasket?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • piney
    Caliking, I bought Rutland Grapho-Glas 5/8x84in item #95-6 Ace has this in stock for about 7-8 bucks. When I put it on I bunched it up a little to make it wider and shorter a large egg is 67in so this worked great.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @piney: Thanks!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looking forward to your thoughts. I've got one laying around the house somewhere waiting to be put on. I'd half to do a search for it as I'm sure the wife moved it somewhere.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Griffin said:
    Looking forward to your thoughts. I've got one laying around the house somewhere waiting to be put on. I'd half to do a search for it as I'm sure the wife moved it somewhere.
    Yeah, yeah, always the wife's fault, huh?? And, do you "half" or "have" to do a search?? Just trying to be like you guys in the earlier thread. Boom.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Yeah griffin! And you were going to make me feel stupid?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Chubbs
    Yeah Griffin.  >:P
  • piney
    Griffin, I got the egg rolling as we speak with.....Griffin's Old School Brisket. The brisket is a small one that we raised about 3lbs with 50/50 salt & pepper rub 250 grid. The gasket is working great no loss of smoke etc. will keep ypu informed.
    Lenoir, N.C.