Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

J Mueller for lunch!

sumoconnell
sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
So - went to J Mueller's meat co. for lunch.  Left at 10:30 thinking the line would be huge - but it's a chilly day.  No line, was done at 11, and now I'm back at work ready for a nap at 11:30.  The plate you see is 1/4lb brisket and 1/2 lb beef short rib, and a mexican coke.  TT&L ~16 bucks.

BBQ was a good inspiration for this weekends brisket.  Fantastic - got the 'moist' and it was both flat and point still together.  Bark was thick, peppery and sticky (Beef love?)  The rib was crazy good - same thick crust.  The BBQ sauce was very spicy (hot), a little goes a long way.  Too much can cover it up in a hurry.

There was a line when I left.  The pit is right there in a shack - you can tell he doesn't go for high volume production.  Large offset smoker, three 3 foot doors.  The facility is outdoors, picnic tables and trailers for food service.  He's gotta be looking to upgrade, maybe wise enough to wait for a restaurateur to help instead of just some dude with cash?

Time to sleep.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments