Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

table questions

Options

its time to start my table for my LBGE! just need some info from some of you that have already built one,if u dont mind. first is the size of the hole,ive seen 21.5inches , second what is the best hieght from the bottom of the egg to the table top?? now hopefully i can explain this right,im closeing in three sides of the table,what clearance do u think u need  from the side of the egg to the side of the table?? im going with the terra cotta pot feet from HD and a paver stone. any other tips will be a help so thanks in advance!!! happy eggin!!

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    21 inches for the hole. 15 inches from the bottom of the egg to the table top. Not sure about your 3 side enclosure - I like airflow...
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    I always leave a little extra room in width/depth, usually at least 22" where 21" is required and like an inch or so of extra play for the lid/hinge, so mabye measured out to 14-14.5" (after adding pavers/feet/etc.) where 15" is required.  The ones I've built have been open all the way around except for the tabletop.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    21 inches for the hole. 15 inches from the bottom of the egg to the table top. Not sure about your 3 side enclosure - I like airflow...

i was thinking about leaving the back open, for the air flow,also easier to place the egg in! thanks for the input!! :D
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Options
    I would think leaving the front open or making a replaceable panel may be the way to go. Back open seems like a great way to accidentally have the egg fall over backwards when opening. Just my $.02
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    edited May 2013
    Options
    @ga_dawgs i see where that would b a problem but,im talking about the back of the cabinet, not the table top, thanks for the heads up though! :-\"