Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Even poorly cooked beef ribs are pretty good

Foghorn
Foghorn Posts: 9,830

We went to the store for fajita supplies and were pleasantly surprised to find a bunch of racks of beef ribs - so we got two racks for "appetizers".  We rubbed them with Bull City Beef Rub and attempted to turbo them at 350.  Because we hadn't planned for a long cook we were tight on time and then got distracted so at one point the egg got as high as 450.  At one point when I opened the egg the fat drippings on the platesetter caught fire.  The meat pulled back from the ends of the ribs shortly thereafter.  We glazed them with Bull City Grilling Sauce (I had received some Bull City stuff as a gift) and pulled them off when they passed the bend test (first pic).  They were overcooked on the bottom and not as tender as I would like but nobody complained.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments