Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfests near Tampa?

Options
I am searching for an Eggfest near my Dad. He is in Seminole FL. He wants an Egg and more importantly has permission from SWMBO, but wants a deal. I told him the way to go is get a demo Egg at a festival with full warranty. Does anyone know of anything coming up in FL?
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN

Comments

• Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    just missed the sunshine state eggfest in  melborne

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Yeah I saw that one on a google search. Dang! I will have him talked into a new one even if I make him pay full price!
    Columbus IN
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    I saw an event happening in the Brooksville area, but looked kind if small. I must admit, Egging it 10 feet away from the beach and 40 feet away from the Atlantic surf rolling is very hard to beat - Melborne .
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, last year there was one in Windermere but I can't find any evidence of there being one there this year.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I's still go to the website and call around to every dealer that you could get to.  I'm amazed at the WIDE range of prices they charge.  I live east of Tampa and saw $200 difference between dealers Tampa and Mulberry.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Thanks for the info @thetrim $200 makes the old man happy! Even if it costs him $100 in gas and all day driving!
    Columbus IN
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Could always wait until October for Eggtoberfest. It's good time and great deals on BGE's. It's about a 6 1/2 hour ride from Tampa. The worst part is waiting in that long line for your BGE to cool down.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• FloridaTexan
    Options
    There have been quite a few Larges popping up on Craigslist over the past few months.  Most are in the $500-$600 range.
    You can setup an email notification for eggs on craiglist here -  List-Alert.com