Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wokkin on the Egg

Options
I don't have pics( so maybe it didn't happen) cause it just seemed to move so fast But all I can say is wow!!! I did just your normal chicken and veggies in the wok for the first time and I will NEVER do wok cooking on the cooktop again.

Sorry no pics, but thanks for all the wok threads that helped me out.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Congrats!  I have the same issues with pics while wokking.  Still getting the sequence down.  On my first wok cook I felt like a one-armed paper hanger.  Some of the responses I received said they had someone take the pictures while they cooked - sounded like a good idea to me.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    That's what wives are for.   :D  Actually, the few seconds it takes to snap a picture won't ruin your dish.  Have the camera ready next to the Egg and snap away.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    You can always start taking pictures after a couple successful wok cooks. You will find even though it is a very quick cook it isn't as stressful once you have done it a couple times and then you can get a couple pictures. If you really want to have some great stir-fry check out some of Grace Young's books they are great reads and the recipes are very good. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes, both of Grace Young's books are excellent and have very good recipes.  I appreciate them more for the history and techniques.

If you want some books specifically for Hunan and Sichuan dishes, check out Fuchsia Dunlop's Land of Plenty (Sichuan) and Revolutionary Chinese Cookbook (Hunan).

Also, Dorothy Huang's book Chinese Cuisine is very good and primarily Cantonese.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Thanks for the book info,VI and Solson

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options

I EGGre on the VI book selections,  also here are a few websites to keep you wokking happily!

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1042227&catid=1