Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I am about to get down...

MJG
MJG Posts: 598
After a good long time lurking I think the time has come. I was debating on waiting for the EggFest in New Hampshire but that is not for 2 more months. I got a price of $999 for a LBGE with platesetter and nest. Is that a decent price for the Northeast? Thank you.
Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Sounds high to me. I'm in Canada and it's not even great for fest pricing here. I would shop around at dealers. You don't want to miss egging in the snow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    I don't know about the North East but around my neck of the woods (Arizona) thats the price for an XL with a plate setter, nest, and a bag of BGE charcoal.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Wow you guys get some good deals. My large was $800. Nest $125. Ps $75.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Fair deal. There were sizable price increases as of 4-1-13
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    I haven't checked prices here in Oklahoma in awhile.

What I would do is put your zip code in this dealer locator page and call around to all the stores as far as your willing to drive to pick one up. http://www.biggreenegg.com/locator/

Some dealers are great have recipies, tips, and cook on the weekends. Others just sell them and the employees know nothing about the eggs themselves. Prices will vary with both kinds, so it may be better to build a good relationship with a good dealer than save a few bucks.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • sticks88
    sticks88 Posts: 94
    Here in northern Ontario the dealer wants $1499 just for the XL egg, told him a dealer in southern Ontario would give 10% off and had to show the email to get that.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• Little Steven
    Fair deal. There were sizable price increases as of 4-1-13
    Totally forgot about that! I hope they don't apply to the XXL. Need one just for braggin rights
    :))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• If you can be patient, the NewEgglandfest is a great event. Their prices are some of the best in the country and there is no sales tax in NH. I purchased my first BGE there a few years ago and got a super deal.

East Fallowfield PA

KCBS Master CBJ/CTC

Large and Small BGE

BBQ Guru Onyx Oven Smoker

Pit Barrel Cooker

• Little Steven
    Except for that Baaaar beeee quuuueee guy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Honestly, over a few dollars I'd pull the trigger locally.... Start a relationship with your dealer.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    henapple said:
    Honestly, over a few dollars I'd pull the trigger locally.... Start a relationship with your dealer.
    +1

Get going and start the fun. Like Henapple says...go local. A good relationship with a local dealer is worth more than looking to save a few bucks somewhere else.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Recommend getting the BGE and then going to Ceramic Grill Store and getting Spider and the AR combo.  I bought a PS and haven't used it since I bought the AR!
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    edited April 2013

@sticks88 its the same here in thunder bay, where ru??

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Except for that Baaaar beeee quuuueee guy

Who is that guy?? Saw a clip on youtube or somewhere once of his battle cry.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Dunno who he is. I've only seen him at the NH Fest. Lord a'mighty he is loud. Walks out of his cooking area every few minutes and just bellows it out.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Pull the trigger.  I ordered my Egg from an Eggfest.  Put the down payment on it in February, then had to wait until July to pick it up at the fest.  If i had it to do all over again, I would have paid full price just to have it 5 months earlier.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    MJG said:
    After a good long time lurking I think the time has come. I was debating on waiting for the EggFest in New Hampshire but that is not for 2 more months. I got a price of $999 for a LBGE with platesetter and nest. Is that a decent price for the Northeast? Thank you.
    I'm in Maryland just got all off what you mentioned for $799.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I found that a good way to develop a good relationship with a local dealer is to simply decide to pull the trigger one day and walk in and pay full retail price for an XL with every accessory you can think of (to avoid having to explain later expenditures). When you drop over $1700 any good dealer will want to cultivate the relationship.
    Note: this is not a recommendation. It is a confession with a silver lining.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Foghorn said:

I found that a good way to develop a good relationship with a local dealer is to simply decide to pull the trigger one day and walk in and pay full retail price for an XL with every accessory you can think of (to avoid having to explain later expenditures). When you drop over $1700 any good dealer will want to cultivate the relationship.
    Note: this is not a recommendation. It is a confession with a silver lining.

I'm not an ask for a lower price kinda guy it is what it is. But do this and you get sweet deals in the future if our loyal. I get 1/2 off almost any accessory/wood I buy now and I picked up a new old style mini for 250 a white back.
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    I am going to price it out at 2 places local to me. One is a pool and patio shop that I do all my pool purchases thru and the other is a dedicated grill store with a good reputation. I have SWMBO's approval on the purchase. Waiting 2 more months to save a few bucks isn't worth it to me...but I am still going to the New England Eggfest as I have a lot of learning to do. Thanks for the input folks.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.