Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wonton Balloons?

Options
Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
We experimented today to make pizza ravioli using wonton skins. We used sliced mozzarella/provolone cheese cut into quarters and pepperoni slices that we precooked to crisp them up and render some of the fat out of it. we put a slice of cheese, a piece of pepperoni, another slice of cheese and another pepperoni onto a wonton skin. Then we brushed the edges with water and sealed with another wonton skin making sure to get as much air out as possible. Into the hot oil they went and... MAN was that fast. The sauce is homemade using a 28 oz can of plum tomatoes and about 5 tsp of freshly ground pizza seasoning (we used McCormick). It was very good but I wish there was a way to keep them from puffing up so much. Anyone know of a way to keep these things from becoming tasty balloons?

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments