Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie in Louisville

GeoM
GeoM Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A hearty hello to all![p]My first posting on this forum and boy am I excited. Have been reading the postings for the past 6 months and am finally ready to buy my FIRST BGE (gotta have at least 2 to be in the "inner circle" - right?). Want to personally thank KennyG for the very detailed and informative e-mail that he sent that helped me decide on a cooker.
Most of the people who participate in this forum seem to be first class! [p]I live in Louisville, KY and want to inform anyone in the area that there is a new distributor of the BGE in Louisville called Anson Gas Grill & Fireplace. They just received their first shipment of Eggs 2 weeks ago and are not yet listed in the "Local Dealers" section of this web site. Boy am I lucky! I asked them about the firebox cracking problem and they assured me that they would be happy to handle the exchange for a new firebox at no shipping costs to me should I encounter this problem. They seem like real good folks.[p]I would be very interested in hearing from any EGGers in my area. My e-mail address is GJMikos@aol.com.[p]Well, that's all for now. Can't wait to start get started!![p]
GeoM[p]

Comments

• The Walrus
    The Walrus Posts: 35
    GeoM,
    Welcome, great to have you aboard, or should I say welcone to the egg carton. Sometimes humor is not easy on an empty stomach. I agree this forum is made up of a great group of people. the walrus

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    GeoM,
    Welcome to our ever growing family of EGGers. We are here to assist you.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    GeoM,[p]Welcome aboard the forum and to our family. You won't regret your decision. Be prepared as your whole life is about to change. After just a few cooks you won't believe how much more friendly everyone around you will become. If your next door neighbor has a lawn tractor, you are in luck since he be asking if you want to borrow it. The Egg has also been known to attract mothers-in-law.[p]Cook, Eggsperiment, and have fun. We are here to answer any questions and get you started on great ceramic cuisine.[p]K~G
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    GeoM,[p]Glad you're on board! You'll be exposed to some great bbqing tips a techniques here, so be prepared to try alot of things![p]Smokey

• GeoM,[p]Welcome to the forum. You made a good decision investing in the BGE.[p] I'm a newbie myself to this page. (about six weeks). During that time I have already learned ooodles from these folks. And you are right! They're actually as fine a folks as they seem to be.[p]You need only to ask and ye will find (out that is) whatever you want to know about grillin. [p]The best part is, that the food off the BGE is simply "marvelous." And you get to eat it. [p]Enjoy![p]Happy grillin day and week-end to you and yours.[p]Anthony

• Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    GeoM,[p]Welcome to the Louisville BGE family! I live in Louisville also and have been Egging for over a year now.[p]It's good to know Anson now carries BGEs. Since the place in Crestwood closed last summer we have been EGGless.[p]Let me know if I can help you out.[p]Fritz
  • Randman
    Randman Posts: 31
    GeoM, welcome to the BGE group. Everyone is willing to help out, just ask.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    GeoM,
    Welcome - good luck with the Egg. Enjoy[p]Tim

• GeoM,[p]You will find the group to be very helpful and patient. What's really impressive is that the vets answer the same questions every 6 months from new guys. Yet there is never a condescending attitude from anyone. I asked several stupid ones in the beginning. And I will probably ask several more in the not too distant future.[p]Good Luck

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Irish Smoker,[p]I've had my Egg for more than a year and I'm still asking stupid questions![p]Cornfed