Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Nights Cook Corned Beef

Options
Another step in the path to the true enlightenment of the Big Green Egg cult. Tried my hand at making Corned Beef. Tasted great.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Turn in your Texas Passport Sir! That is not the correct brisket. Looks kind of good, how was it?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    I know it's not real brisket. It tasted great. Learning more about home curing and eating the results.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I did a pastrami last summer on my Weber. It turned out okay but the long smoke time was too much for the amount of attention the Weber required. I'm looking forward to trying one later this summer on my LBGE.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    No problem on the BGE, cooked at 275 more or less temp was about 140.. Turned out very tender, moist and sweet. SWMBO already has a reservation for another one.

Albert Einstein