Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking help please

Options
Manzo
Manzo Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When is the best time to add your smoke chips/chunks while heating up the BGE? Do you add them prior to achieving the desired temp. just after you have a decent flame or wait untill you reach that temp? If done prior to, aren't you losing a lot of the "good" smoke through the daisy wheel?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    Options
    I achieve the desired temp and put the chunks (not chips) on right before the meat.

Also, did you post this message on the new forum or old? If you posted it on the new, a lot of people do not see the question therefore are not be able to answer or respond. If you post on the old forum, all questions and answers do show up on the new. This is a glich that I am hoping they will soon work out.

I usually read the post from the new forum because I like the setup, but I usually reply or post questions from the old.

I hope this helps....
  • Manzo
    Manzo Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks Hulk. I've been egging for about 3 months now and simply love it. I've posted a few questions on this new forum and never received a response until yours. It looks like I'll post future questions on the old site forum as you suggest.

Best, Manzo