Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First turbo Ribs

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
Well first ribs ever that i've tried to cook . Got 3 large racks of ribs yellow mustard as a binder and bad Byron's butt rub on the XLBGE at a dome temp of 350 with nice chunks of cherry wood for smoke and when close to being done i'll pull them and sauce with tasty licks secret sauce and then back on to finish . and if i fail its family night out for dinner lol 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    you wont fail! they will be great.

So youve got one egg full of brisket and one egg full of ribs??? nice day!

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You will enjoy them
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bigphil
    Options
    all cooked and well a bit over cooked really  .Sorry no pics of them sliced it was slice and grab . All in all not bad for my first time .A few thing's i will change next time are not over cooking and not the make the amateur mistake of forgetting to pull the membrane off  =)) =))
    as i was saucing them it accrued to me i forgot to remove it . But i must say being my first try they were the best ribs i ever made and all agreeed 
    :)) :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Next time try pecan, hickory or peach wood for smoke. Cherry inparts very little flavor and is used mainly for color. Trim those spares up St. Louis style and use the trimmings to flavor beans, chef nibbles etc. If you're cooking @ 350 dome, then 2-1/2 hours indirect raised grid, 1 hour foiled with brown sugar, honey & butter, unwrap, sauce and back on for 15-20 minutes.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • bigphil
    Options
    @billyray thanks i'll do that next time 
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    Options
    Mickey, do you flip when you turbo your ribs?
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Bigphil, I've had great results just cooking them them to IT, once they hit 210F they come off just like butt!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Grambler said:
    Mickey, do you flip when you turbo your ribs?

Do not open at all for 100 mins. At most 90 mins and sauce to open. But I never flip them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    I like a half pecan wood and half cherry.

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Ribs look good. Keep at it, turbo ribs are the way to go, I get nothing but great comments when I do ribs for family, friends, co-workers.  99% of the time use peach wood.  I also flip them each hour and mist with apple juice every 20-30 mins.  Don't know where I learned it but have been doing it that way and get nice color on both sides and a pretty good smoke ring at times.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!