Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introduction

Options
Hello Have been on the site for a couple of weeks awaiting ability to post New Egg owner (actually taking delivery next week), but almost finished building a table Learning a lot here, and hope to contribute in future Live in Oakville, Ontario - a satellite city of Toronto

Comments

• RoundTowner
    RoundTowner Posts: 125
    Options
    What's the first cook gona be?
  • jimfastcar
    Options
    Probably simple, like direct steak
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Welcome! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome to our world. Enjoy the ride.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Welcome aboard !!!

Opelika, Alabama
  • jimfastcar
    Options
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Welcome. Glad to have more on board.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You will love the egg and this forum! Welcome. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm new here as well!  And boy, I'm sure glad some people see steaks as simple!  Steaks are probably the hardest thing for me to cook properly and consistently cook them properly.  Definitely post pictures of your first cook!

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Welcome, Bienvenue! Always room in the asylum for another Canuck.... You are just downwind (generally) from @Little_Steven, on a clear summer night you can probably smell one of his multiple eggs cooking away. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    dpittard said:
    I'm new here as well!  And boy, I'm sure glad some people see steaks as simple!  Steaks are probably the hardest thing for me to cook properly and consistently cook them properly.  Definitely post pictures of your first cook!
    try reverse sear. i find thicker steaks are easier. indirect, 250 low and slow. i shoot for 100-110 degrees..remove steaks and loosley cover with foil or set out. remove the place setter and let it roll, no top and vent wide open. at 600 i put them back on till 130-135...thermapen is a must. pull and set uncovered for 5 minutes...try it
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    welcome to the BGE cult. Decoder ring is optional, apron is not.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Welcome from a Oklahoma Egghead here. Looking forward to more posts. 

We like pictures and documenting your cooks are a great way to remember what you would or wouldn't do the next time around to make your food even better. Almost every post somebody can learn something from, either a recipe, technique, or tip it all makes us better eggheads! 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Welcome! Make yourself at home.
    Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Welcome aboard-Kool-Aid consumption is a personal choice.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Options
    henapple said:
    try reverse sear. i find thicker steaks are easier. indirect, 250 low and slow. i shoot for 100-110 degrees..remove steaks and loosley cover with foil or set out. remove the place setter and let it roll, no top and vent wide open. at 600 i put them back on till 130-135...thermapen is a must. pull and set uncovered for 5 minutes...try it
    Thanks for the tips!  I'll definitely try that out as soon as I get my Egg.  And I've already got a Thermapen that I use for BBQ, grilling, and homebrew.  I'm guessing that lack of exact control of temp is making cooking stakes harder than it is on a BGE.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.