Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help me price a small

I haven't posted in a long time, but  I have been lurking on the forum and cooking on my large regularly though. I want to buy a small and the best price around is $549 (egg only).  Has any one seen one for less or the same price with some accessories? Does any one know what they run at an eggfest ( I live in Benton, AR. and am not sure any eggfests are close)? I remember when I bought my large some members had gotten a better price even though I shopped every dealer around. Any Help would be appreciated

Randy

Maumelle, Arkansas

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    That is consistent with Columbia,SC. Check with ace hardware if you have one. They offered me 15% of a small or mini. I talked them into 20%. Waiting on it to come in.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Thanks for the info Chubbs.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Priced this just last week and my local ACE (MD) was 539 for egg, nest, place setter...20% less if just the egg.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Randy1

I am missing the 20% off somehow! Best around here after calling around some more is $495.

Maumelle, Arkansas
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Well it would cost more than 60 dollars in gas to get to MD and back so 495 might be your best deal.  Sometimes it comes down to inventory and how many other sellers there are in the area.  Good Luck!
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    There is an eggfest in Athens, TX April 13 about 5 hours from you. You can see if they have any small egg demos for sale. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• I've been looking to get a small and the going price in Northeast Ohio is $559.  Have you talked to your dealer where you purchased the large?  My dealer will sell it to me for $500.
  • Randy1

Yes, the dealer I bought my large from was at 550 no negotiation. I found another dealer willing to go $495.  

Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Randy1
    six_egg said:
    There is an eggfest in Athens, TX April 13 about 5 hours from you. You can see if they have any small egg demos for sale.

All things considered, I decided to go with the one for $495. Thanks. There was just no way to make it to that eggfest. Maybe next year!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I picked up a small with nest for $ 550 + tax in Houston

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Randy1
    That's pretty good. The nest runs at least $120
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Hey come up to Canada!  They are only $699 +15% tax.  Just for the egg alone.
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Randy1
    Wow. I guess that price is not so bad afterall.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited April 2013
    Priced this just last week and my local ACE (MD) was 539 for egg, nest, place setter...20% less if just the egg.
    That's a better deal than picking one at Dizzyfest.  They charge $530 for a small with a nest and no platesetter.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Tuscaloosa Al, 499 for egg, 599 for egg and nest.  That was in Feb this year and the egg was last years model

XLBGE 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Manchester, TN.  $415, egg only. small.  After 9% tax, it was almost the exact same amount I received for coaching middle school track.  Stipend well spent.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Randy1
    That is $15 more than than what the price for a mini is here. Great deal!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Chubbs said:

That is consistent with Columbia,SC. Check with ace hardware if you have one. They offered me 15% of a small or mini. I talked them into 20%. Waiting on it to come in.

@chubbs is that one in cayce? I bought my large there and want a small soon. Love to get same deal you did. Who'd you talk to?
    Boom
  • Chubbs
    @Fan, yeah the one in cayce. The main guy is out with brain surgery or something. Before he went out he wrote my discount on a business card and told me to talk to Donnie in his absence. Spoke to him a few times and he has not been as helpful. I was getting a mini. Called a few days ago and spoke to him and he said they are no longer going to get in small or mini because they don't sell. I told him he said he was ordering me one and showed him my card again and he acted like he didn't remember. Not real happy with them right now. Looking for a new dealer. So, not sure if I have one coming in or not.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Chubbs said:
    @Fan, yeah the one in cayce. The main guy is out with brain surgery or something. Before he went out he wrote my discount on a business card and told me to talk to Donnie in his absence. Spoke to him a few times and he has not been as helpful. I was getting a mini. Called a few days ago and spoke to him and he said they are no longer going to get in small or mini because they don't sell. I told him he said he was ordering me one and showed him my card again and he acted like he didn't remember. Not real happy with them right now. Looking for a new dealer. So, not sure if I have one coming in or not.

For God's sake the guy had brain surgery. Its amazing he still knows what an Egg is. :))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Chubbs
    Aviator said:

Chubbs said:

For God's sake the guy had brain surgery. Its amazing he still knows what an Egg is. :))

Haha. I am talking about his replacement. Not nearly as helpful
  • Chubbs said:
    Chubbs said:

Haha. I am talking about his replacement. Not nearly as helpful
    I bet the guy with the brain surgery knows more about customer service than his replacement!
    Flint, Michigan
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

Just caught onto this thread Randy - I'm a few miles away from you in Bryant.  Congo recently told me 479 for a small.  Family Leisure really won't do anything on their prices.  Ken Rash has some accessories around and will have a sale in October, but the Texarkana Eggfest hits before the sale (typically).  I've liked dealing with Congo, and they typically keep good stock levels on eggs and accessories.

I got my large at the Plano Eggfest, but when I get a small, I'll probably buy at Congo.

And in case you don't - you should hit the Harps in Benton for your lump - the Ozark Oak is $5 for 10# there.

• I got the XL Egg, plate setter, nest, poultry roaster, v-rack, wooden egg mates, grid lifter, ash tool, XL pizza stone, 20lb bag of BGE lump and aluminum pizza peel all for $1425 out the door.. It does pay to shop around!!!
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • FanOfFanboys
    @chubbs well let me know. If that doesn't come in there you and I can go to another dealer together and order at same time. So we can get a deal
    Boom
  • Chubbs
    @chubbs well let me know. If that doesn't come in there you and I can go to another dealer together and order at same time. So we can get a deal
    Sounds good.Thinking about checking out the new pool store on Forest Drive. Jack Olivers I think. He is a pretty nice guy from what I have heard. We need a place with bigger selection. Maybe he will be willing if we support him.. Me, you, and @Dyal_SC should take our eggs up there and cook to help him sell them...
  • FanOfFanboys
    Chubbs said:

Sounds good.Thinking about checking out the new pool store on Forest Drive. Jack Olivers I think. He is a pretty nice guy from what I have heard. We need a place with bigger selection. Maybe he will be willing if we support him.. Me, you, and @Dyal_SC should take our eggs up there and cook to help him sell them...

That's a great idea!
    I'm def down to do that anytime. We should get on that before gets too hot.
    Boom
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Sounds good to me, @Chubbs and @FanOfFanboys ... Lemme know if y'all set that up.
  • FanOfFanboys
    @chubbs you want to go talk to him or want both of us to go up there to talk to him?
    Boom
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Just looked up Jack Oliver's. Only 3 miles from my office. I may swing by there on my lunch break tomorrow.