Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacation Home with BGE

Options
Has anyone ever rented a vacation house that had a BGE?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

No..... have taken mine with me.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Someone mentioned this one the other day:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I wish, but I bought a small egg so I can take it with me on most trips. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I usually travel with my small. I am renting a beach house this summer that claims to have a large Primo. Interested to see how that performs.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i rented my grandmothers beach house out to an egger a few years back, put my old rickety beater egg out there, end of the week it was all cleaned up
      :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Options
    would trust a renter with my egg.  They might do something stupid like put light fluid in it.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options

When we have the Florida mini fest in the fall, the hotel has an extra large for thre guests to use.

Right on the ocean.

http://www.tuckawayshores.com/

• Mickey
    Options
    MikeP624 said:
    would trust a renter with my egg.  They might do something stupid like put light fluid in it.

What would be wrong with lighter fluid in it?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I thought the mothership highly recommends not using lighter fluid.  I thought the reason was that the ceramic could absorb it and then you could get that chemical flavor on your food.
  • Mickey
    Options

MikeP624   I am sorry, not nice on my part. Just missing Stike a little.Should not do that, will not do that again except to VI, CenTex, Nola, Travis, Steven, mostly to Chubbs.

Mike no harm please.

• Mickey
    Options
    MikeP624 you are 100% correct.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited April 2013
    Options
    @<A class=Username href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/54800/MikeP624"><STRONG><FONT color=#00573d size=3>MikeP624</FONT></STRONG></A> , dont mind @Mickey this time of day. The 2-3pm hour is when he is most flirtacious....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Next up:  Mickey's Spatchcock Matchlight Turkey with Kingsford Lighter Fluid Orange and Rhubarb Glace 
    :ar! =))