Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Strawberry Ruhbarb Crisp and Easter Prep

Options

It has been a busy week working in the yard and getting the house all nice and clean for friends and family. I prepared my prime rib about two weeks ago and it has been sitting in the fridge wrapped up and ready to go.

Did the Ham yesterday and asked the SWMBO to get a ham and for it not to be spiral cut (Her logic was we need a spiral cut because thats how she eats them) so she came home with one and I mumbled some things under my breath and put on my best smile and said thank you. I am going the Egrets Ham route and looking forward to it.

Today I did up my Starwberry Ruhbarb Crisp that the family craves.

3 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces 3 cups strawberries, cut into small pieces 1 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup old fashioned oats 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 cup butter, melted

Combine first four Ingredients and dumo them in your tin (This time I put a pie crust down). Combine the other Ingredients and pour it on top. I did it for about an hour at 325 Inderect.

Will update on the meat and Ham Later

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

SR2.JPG 576.2K
SR1.JPG 645.3K
SR.JPG 690.9K
Ham.JPG 692.2K

Comments

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    Wow. Can't wait to see the PR picks. "I mumbles something under me breath"...been there, done that. Price we pay when we do not do the grocery shopping. :D
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

Half way through, Put the Prime on at 8:30 and the ham went on around 10:30. Have the egg around 260.

I just took a sliver of the Prime off (Testing purposes only) and it took me to another planet.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks like a great meal! That strawberry rhubarb crisp sounds awesome. I haven't had rhubarb in forever. =P~

My New Years prime rib was money too!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    (applause!)
    Options

Turned out to be a great Easter, The cobbler went quick and everyone wanted leftovers or the receipe.

One screw up though (The Yeti Cooler Is and Oven). I pulled the Prime rib off when it was around 110 and wrapped it in foil and stuck it in the Yeti. We ate an hour later and my Med Rare Prime Rib went from M Rare to Well done. I was one sad Egger.Everyone the dinner made me feel better by saying it was very moist though.

All in All things went well.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.