Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Large Eggers

AndyR
AndyR Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fellow Eggers,[p]I'll be purchasing a new ceramic cooker in the near future. I realize the advantage of going from a 13" to an 18" cooker. My question is - If you had the opportunity to go to a 22.5" instead of an 18" cooker, would you? [p]djm5x9 need not reply. I already know your answer. :)

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Andy R.,[p]All other aspects being equal ... sure.[p]Puj

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Andy R.,
    Daryl been pushing old K again I guess.[p]Let me be totally honest with you here. I have a small and a large Egg. I have yet to find anything my family can not cook on the large - if 18" ain't big enough - then you need a pit. I did 6 racks of ribs and I could have put 2 more in - heck, I don't know more people than that. I have done 12 lb turkey and 36+ chicken wings and 2 6 lb butts. Bigger just neans more lump to heat it all up. [p]Tim[p]

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Now Tim . . .[p]You KNOW I try to walk that white line regarding such matters . . . [p]To me, the important thing is TECHNIQUE and becoming one with your cooker, not so much what you cook on. Once you go "ceramic" you never go back . . . Well, unless you are Q.N.E. tyme . . . A lot of us "get it" and are quite happy with the product we produce on our cookers.[p]Andy R. is just trying to start some . . . Well, I got something for him when he comes back for vacation . . . If he has a job . . .
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    djm5x9,
    lol. Great post.
    See you in Rocktober.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    djm5x9,
    Just teasing - I didn't know Andy was a friend of yours. I know you walk the line and have and use both. :-)[p]Tim

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Andy R.,[p]When I got my large egg 2 months ago, I was a little concerned about the size. After all, my gas grill was a 48-in mega-burner behemoth. How wrong I was! That 18-inch BGE has handled everything I've thrown at it, with room to spare. And I often entertain 20-24 people at a time. As a matter of fact, I'm keeping a gas grill around so that my wife can fire it up in a hurry on weeknights while I'm out of town, but I'm actually looking to DOWNsize my gas grill. [p]So my opinion is that the 18-inch Large BGE is fine for most people, even those that do a fair amount of entertianing.[p]Dave