Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travis & Nola had not really got drinking at this point ( that came later)

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos You can not say Nola is a handsome lady. You must shout it! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I have 2 questions:

1. Is Travis wearing the kilt the "traditional" way?
    2. If yes, who got to wear it first?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    by "really", I assume legally drunk.  I was working on it, but that didn't happen until I finished cooking.  Hell, I probly was. 
    @caliking

1.  If, by traditional, you mean needs to wear a real kilt instead a beach towel, then no.  The yellow shirt, sunglasses and baseball cap, yes - authentic in south Scotland.

2. Like Mickey and a few others have reported, I was drinking spiked Diet Cokes.  They completely made that up.  All those were for Travis.  I was just being "neighborly".  I'm a complete teetotaler.  Waking up looking like Travis's avatar, just psychosomatic.   When I put in on, it was kinda smoky and greasy.  Maybe VI used it first to wipe down his Vespa.
    What kind of "tights" are those under that kilt? Travis at least looks authentic! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    He was wearing the camo version of daisy dukes.
  • I love the model pose Travis.  I can almost hear the fashion show narrator..."Travis is wearing a kilt in the traditional manner.  He is ready for any occation!  He can comfortably grill, drink or relieve himself behind a tree with ease and in total comfort.  Best of all, the plaid pattern can hide any accident that occurs during the drunken festivities!  The kilt retails for $39.99."
    Flint, Michigan
  • An ode to Travis:

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Did Nola get to wear the ribbon in his hair after Travis finished with it?