Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite pizza yet

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Nothing fancy.  Used Wegman's dough, let it rise overnight in fridge, then for 6 hours in the CI pizza pan for one, floured parchment for the other.  As it proofed, it became easier and easier to spread out.  I actually had to cut off some excess from both as there was more dough than space.  Wegman's sauce, and mozza cheese.  Pre cooked sweet Italian sausage on one, the other plain.  Egg preheated to 600, PS legs down, grid, then pizza stone. That's as high up I can get the CI pan.  Toppings started finishing before the crust, so I removed the grid and pizza pan, and put the CI direct on the PS for 5 minutes.  Turned out fantastic.  Nice crispy crust with a good chew.  Haven't tried the plain one, but it looks just as good.  That will be lunch tomorrow.

Comments